Tuition and Fees
Upon registration, all tuition and registration fees must be paid to secure classes. Alternatively, classes may also be secured with confirmed financial aid, enrollment in a payment plan through South Louisiana Community College’s contracted vendor, or by having an exemption or contract applied to the account. Classes that remain unsecured by the established due dates published in the Academic Calendar are subject to drop for non-payment.
Tuition and fees at South Louisiana Community College are among the most affordable in the State. Payments can be made online, on your LoLA account (through CASHNet), mailed into SLCC, Attn: Student Accounts; 1101 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506 (payment must be received in Student Accounts Office by the deadline), or paid in person at the Lafayette Ardoin campus. For payments by check or money order, drop boxes are available at these campuses: C. B. Coreil, T. H. Harris, New Iberia, Evangeline, Acadian, Franklin, Gulf, and Young Memorial. Installment payment plans are only available through your LoLA account. For payment amount inquiry, please contact the Student Accounts Office at 337-521-8904.
Every student is responsible for understanding all College policies and procedures related to managing their registration and their student account. These policies include, but are not limited to, the College’s Add/Drop, Withdrawal, and Refund policies and the effects on their student account.
Tuition and Fees listed below are as of the date of publication. Any changes in fee schedules will be documented online at www.solacc.edu and available at the Cashier’s Office and in the Student Accounts Office.
Schedule of Tuition and Fees (Subject to Change)
Credits over 21 are charged an excess credit fee of $905.76 + $150.96 for each credit over 21.
Courses delivered online are charged per credit and are exempt from the 12-credit charge maximums and excess credit fee.
Fee Detail - Charged per credit to a maximum of 12 credits
- Academic Excellence $7.00
- Building Use $4.00
- ERP $5.00
- Operational $3.00
- Student Activities $4.00
- Student Services $7.00
- Technology $5.00
Fee Detail - Flat rate, regardless of the number of credits
Other Fees - Course-specific as indicated on specific courses
- Late Registration $25.00
- Late Graduation $50.00
Student residency is established at the time of application to the College. Residency classification is determined by the Admissions Office based on criteria set forth by the LCTCS Board of Supervisors and the information provided on the student’s application. If a residency reclassification is necessary or required, students must make requests through the Registrar’s Office.
The following individuals shall be charged a rate of tuition not to exceed the in-state rate for tuition and fees purposes:
- A veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill-Active Duty Program) or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in Louisiana while attending a school located in Louisiana (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Louisiana while attending a school located in Louisiana (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of the transferor’s discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone described above while he or she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school. The person so described must have enrolled in the school prior to the expiration of the three year period following discharge or release as described above and must be using educational benefits under either chapter 30 or chapter 33, of title 38, United States Code.
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Louisiana while attending a school located in Louisiana (regardless of his/her formal state of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Louisiana while attending a school located in Louisiana (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
- The policy shall be read to be amended as necessary to be compliant with the requirements of 38 U.S.C. 3679(c) as amended. Amended (To Include Chapter 31 VR&E). 3-1-19
1-4-8102-18 South Louisiana Community College - Lafayette
1-4-8120-18 South Louisiana Community College - T.H. Harris
1-4-8104-18 South Louisiana Community College -Gulf Area
1-4-9104-18 South Louisiana Community College - Main Campus
1-4-8109-18 South Louisiana Community College - Teche Area
1-4-8112-18 South Louisiana Community College - Young Memorial
1-4-8134-18 South Louisiana Community College - Acadian
1-4-8136-18 South Louisiana Community College - Evangeline
1-4-8135-18 South Louisiana Community College - C. B. Coreil
A Covered Individual is any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 Gl Bill benefits.
South Louisiana Community College will permit any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website - eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
1. The date on which payment from VA is made to the institution.
2. 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of
the certificate of eligibility.
South Louisiana Community College will not Impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.
Academic Excellence Fee
The Board of Supervisors of Community and Technical Colleges, by R.S. 17:1871 (B) and 3351 (A) (5) and in accordance with Article VII, Section 2.1 (A) of the Constitution of Louisiana, has provided for the assessment of an academic excellence fee at each institution under its management and supervision effective for the Fall 2003 session and thereafter. The board established this fee in addition to other tuition and attendance fees. The purpose of this fee is to promote academic excellence by enhancing instructional programs; however, no proceeds shall be used to pay the salary of any university or university system administrator.
Each student will be assessed $10 per semester for this fee. Revenues generated are used to improve and maintain the College’s overall transportation infrastructure for all modes of transportation to and from, as well as on all campuses and sites. This includes but is not limited to: College-sponsored on- and off-campus parking or transportation arrangements; construction, maintenance, and operation of parking lots and facilities; all on-campus modes of transportation such as sidewalks, bikes, and vehicles; lighting, parking lot, and walkway enhancements; security improvements and initiatives; and other related operational expenses. Payment of the fee entitles each student to one active vehicle registration on campus at no additional cost.
Building Use Fee
House Bill No. 671 of the 2013 regular legislative session allows management boards to establish a college building use fee not to exceed $48 per semester (or $4 per credit hour) to construct, repair, maintain, operate, or improve the facilities and physical infrastructure of colleges.
Some courses may require an additional fee to cover the additional resources required to teach the course.
E-Learning Fee (Suspended for Academic Year 2020-2021 and 2021-2022)
Any student taking a course or courses whose instructional method is considered online will be assessed a one-time E-Learning fee of $40 for that semester in which the course is being conducted.
Enterprise Resource Planning Fee
The Board of Supervisors of Community and Technical Colleges approved a fee of $3 per credit hour (max $36) effective Fall 2011 to support implementation and continued operation of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Effective Spring 2016, the Board of Supervisors approved an increase of this fee from $3 to $5 per credit hour (max $60).
Excess Credit Hour Fee
Effective Fall 2016, the Board of Supervisors for the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) approved a fee to be assessed on all student credit hours taken by a student that are 1) over 15 credit hours in a fall, spring, or summer semester and 2) over an equivalent number of hours in a non-traditional semester/session. The fee is set at $150.96 for each excess credit hour.
Late Graduation Application Fee
Students who will graduate are required to complete a graduation application by the established deadlines during the term in which they are graduating. A student who applies after this published deadline will be assessed a $50 Late Graduation Application Fee
Late Registration Fee
Any student registering for classes during the Late Registration period each semester will be charged a late registration fee of $25.
NSF Checks Fee
If a student presents a check as payment for any tuition and fees owed to SLCC and the check is returned for any reason by the bank, the student will be charged an NSF fee of $25. Payment of the returned check must be by cash or money order in person at the Ardoin Building on the Lafayette Campus or online by debit or credit card.
House Bill 1062 imposed a 4% operational fee to be used to cover mandatory higher education increases. The fee is charged at $3 per credit hour, not to exceed $36.
Student Government Association (SGA) Fee
The proceeds from this fee go directly to the Student Government Association (SGA), which oversees the disbursement of the funds to various student activities. In addition, funds are provided to various academic departments for cultural enrichment, and to clubs and organizations for activities that benefit the entire student body. The fee is charged at $5 for each semester.
Student Activities Fee
This fee is a student self-assessed fee initiated by the Student Government Association. Effective Fall 2015, the student body approved a fee to be assessed to all students. This fee provides means for major student activities and events; such as co-curricular programs, cultural events, student professional development, intramural sports, support to the student clubs and or organizations, student discount program, local community service initiatives, and traditional student-led campus events. This fee is charged to all South Louisiana Community College students and is managed by the South Louisiana Community College Student Engagement Office. The fee is currently charged at $4 per credit hour.
Student Services Fee
The proceeds from this fee cover costs for student services such as applying, registering for campus-based courses, receiving identification cards, retention services, and graduation ceremonies. The fee is currently charged at $7 per credit hour.
The Louisiana legislature approved this self-assessed student fee in 1997. The proceeds are for “implementing, replacing, improving, and expanding technologies to benefit student life and learning.” For the purpose of this fee, “technologies” includes, but is not limited to, instructional and laboratory equipment, and the networking and supporting computers and telecommunications infrastructure necessary to support these activities. SLCC students, through a referendum presented by the SGA during the Spring 2000 semester, approved this fee. The LCTCS board also approved this fee in March 2001. This fee became effective during the 2001-2002 academic year. The fee is charged at $5 per credit hour, not to exceed $6.
Transcript of Records Fee
All admission requirements and financial obligations to the College must be met in full before transcripts are issued. Transcripts are issued at a cost per copy. As an added convenience, especially for students who are out of the area or state, transcripts may be requested using National Student Clearinghouse for a cost. The fee is payable by debit or credit card.
Any student who resigns must complete a withdrawal form dropping ALL classes in the Registrar’s Office. Once the form is completed, the student will be refunded according to the college’s tuition and fee adjustment policy. Refunds will only be processed for students completing this process prior to the designated deadline. If SLCC cancels a class for any reason, students enrolled in the class will receive a full refund of tuition and fees paid for the canceled class.
All refunds are issued to students through BankMobile. Please visit BankMobile for further information.
To view our required disclosures and contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customers Bank, click here.
Financial aid is disbursed onto the student account at a date determined by the Financial Aid Department each semester. Refunds of financial aid are transferred to BankMobile usually within fourteen business days following the disbursement date. Funds are available to students depending on the selected refund preference through BankMobile. Refunds will be delayed if no refund preference is selected with BankMobile.
SLCC expects students to meet their financial obligations in a timely manner and to understand that failure to do so will result in further action to collect the balance due. This may include the transfer of the balance due to the State of Louisiana Office of the Attorney General for collection. An individual with a transferred account is responsible for all collection charges including, but not limited to, attorney and court costs. Additional fees assessed by the Attorney General’s Office can increase balances by 33 1/3%.
Student’s Financial Responsibility
I understand that when I register for any class at South Louisiana Community College or receive any service from South Louisiana Community College, I am making a financial commitment to pay all tuition, fees and other associated charges assessed as a result of my enrollment and/or receipt of service. I further understand and agree that my registration and acceptance of these terms constitutes a promissory note agreement [i.e., a financial obligation in the form of an education loan as defined by the U.S. Bankruptcy Code at 11 U.S.C. §523(a)(8)] in which South Louisiana Community College is providing me educational services, deferring some or all of my payment obligation for those services, and I promise to pay for all assessed tuition, fees and other associated costs by the published or assigned due date.
I understand and agree that if I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule located in the College Catalog and Student Handbook. I have read the terms and conditions of the published tuition refund schedule and understand those terms are incorporated herein by reference. I further understand that my failure to attend class or receive a bill does not absolve me of my financial responsibility as described above.
I authorize South Louisiana Community College and its agents and contractors to contact me at my current and any future phone number(s) (including cellular), email address(es) or wireless device(s), even if I will be charged by my service provider(s) for receiving such communications, regarding any past, current, or future financial or academic record (or critical college business), my delinquent student account(s)/loan(s), any other debt I owe to South Louisiana Community College, or to receive general information from South Louisiana Community College. I authorize South Louisiana Community College and its agents and contractors to use automated telephone dialing equipment, artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages, and personal calls and emails, in their efforts to contact me.
The following Terms and Conditions, in addition to the disclosures provided above, outline your Registration Agreement with South Louisiana Community College:
- Once a student formally registers for classes, the student assumes the responsibility for understanding all South Louisiana Community College College’s official policies as described in the most recently published South Louisiana Community College Catalog and Student Handbook, which include but are not limited to policies concerning schedule changes, satisfactory academic progress, and the financial policies of the College.
- If a student has any outstanding financial obligations with any college in the Louisiana Technical and Community College System, South Louisiana Community College reserves the right to withhold future services including but not limited to registration, transcript requests, issuing diplomas, use of facilities, and other services as deemed appropriate by the College.
- It is the student’s responsibility to maintain all contact information including telephone number, email and postal address to ensure receipt of all College correspondence and to check on a daily basis the email address required in the Student Handbook.
- The student consents to receive email notifications to the email address required in the Catalog and Student Handbook regarding the availability of an E-Bill (Electronic Billing Statement) and consents to review billing statement information on South Louisiana Community College’s web payment system.
- Registration constitutes a financial agreement between the student and South Louisiana Community College. Tuition, fees and other charges the student incurs, including but not limited to testing charges, course specific fees, fines and bookstore charges shall be added to the student’s account. Administrative, clerical, or technical billing errors do not absolve the student of the financial responsibility to pay the correct amount of tuition, fees and other financial obligations assessed.
- South Louisiana Community College accepts payment via student financial aid and third-party sponsorship, but the responsibility for payment remains with the student. It is the student’s responsibility to monitor his/her account balance and any funding sources. If financial aid is not granted or if third party sponsors do not pay within a reasonable period, the student will be required to pay the full amount due.
- Charges left unpaid for prior terms may result in disenrollment from the student’s current semester/session’s courses unless payment arrangements are made prior to payment deadlines.
- Failure to pay outstanding student account balances by the stated due dates may result in late payment fees as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- If a student financial aid recipient drops and/or ceases attendance from a class(es), the college may be required to return a portion of the student aid received to the Department of Education. The student will subsequently be billed for any balance that this creates.
- In the event the student becomes delinquent in paying charges or defaults in repaying charges, the debts may be transferred to the State of Louisiana Attorney General’s Office, the Louisiana Office of Debt Recovery, or another external agency for collection and may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus. All collection fees incurred shall be at the expense of the student which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33 1/3%.
- If South Louisiana Community College prevails in a lawsuit to collect on the student’s financial obligation, the student will be responsible to pay South Louisiana Community College College’s court costs, collection fees, and attorney’s fees in an amount the court finds to be reasonable.
- This Agreement applies to any and all financial obligations between the student and South Louisiana Community College, both for the current registration period and all future registrations.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the student and South Louisiana Community College College with respect to its subject matter addressed and constitutes and supersedes all prior communications, contracts, or agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter addressed in this Agreement, whether oral or written.