Jan 24, 2021
The Associate of Science Degree in Industrial Technology is a transfer program. It prepares completers to go directly to work in the technology field or to continue toward a baccalaureate degree in industrial technology or a related field. The program is designed to transfer without a loss of credit to the Industrial Technology program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Areas of study include computer graphics, simulation, and modeling; business organization and management; and problem solving.
- To enable students to acquire the general education competencies expected of an associate of science degree graduate
- To provide the necessary foundation coursework for students seeking to continue their education in the baccalaureate degree program in industrial technology at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and other senior institutions
- To provide the necessary theory and skills for graduates to work effectively in an industrial setting
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Associate of Science Degree in Industrial Technology will be able to do the following:
- Apply technology concepts to business and industry
- Function as a team member in business and industry settings
- Design technology solutions to improve performance of industrial processes
- Construct, test and modify devices for manufacturing and industrial uses
- Apply critical thinking and independent decision making
Specific Degree Requirements
Students wishing to earn an Associate of Science Degree in Industrial Technology from South Louisiana Community College must:
- Have a degree program adjusted SLCC cumulative average of 2.0.
- Have earned at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree through SLCC courses.
- Have earned at least a “C” in each course unless stated by a specific program.
- Used no more than one-third credit in required major courses and no more than 50 percent of credit hours total from non-traditional sources, Credit for Prior Learning (CPL), to meet the degree requirements, unless required by a specific program.
- Have completed at least the number of credits stipulated in the degree program.
Major Area Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 30
General Education Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 30
Associate of Science Total Credits: 60
Must have a grade of “C” or higher in all courses.
1 Humanities options: HIST, 2XXX ENGL (except ENGL 2045 and 2070) or CMCN (except CMCN 1170,1270, and 2145)
2 Fine Arts options: ARTS, MUSC, THEA