After completing the Associate degree in Application Software Development at SLCC, the students will be able to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Informatics at ULL.
- Graduates will acquire occupational competencies in programming and software development.
- Graduates will be introduced to widely-used programming languages and build proficiency.
- Graduates will obtain the knowledge to develop custom software solutions for complex business environments.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Associate of Applied Science in Application Software Development will:
- Be able to design, write, debug Object Oriented computer programs.
Be able to troubleshoot computer hardware and network issues.
Be able to design and implement web applications.
Be able to design and implement mobile apps.
Be able to design and implement relational databases.
Be able to employ critical thinking to develop integrated software solutions, using relevant methodologies, frameworks, polices, and standards.
Specific Degree Requirements
Students wishing to earn an Associate of Science Degree in Application Software Development from South Louisiana Community College must:
- Have a degree program adjusted SLCC cumulative average of 2.0.
- Have earned at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree through SLCC courses.
- Have earned at least a “C” in each course unless stated by a specific program.
- Have no more than one-third credit hours in required major courses and no more than 50 percent of credit hours total from non-traditional sources, Credit for Prior Learning (CPL), to meet the degree requirements, unless required by a specific program.
- Have completed at least the number of credits stipulated in the degree program.
General Education Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 15
Major Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 45
- ASDV XXXX Major Elective 12 Credits
CTS: Application Software Technician Total: 18
AAS: Application Software Development Total Credits: 60
A grade of “C” or higher is required in all courses.
1 CTS: Java Application Developer is awarded after a student has earned a “C” or higher in the following courses: ASDV 1205, 1220, 1905, 2115, 2420 and an ASDV Elective.
2 CTS: Web Application Developer is awarded after a student has earned a “C” or higher in the following courses: ASDV 1205, 1220, 1905, 2420, 2520, and 2620.
3 TD: Application Software is awarded after a student has earned a “C” or higher in the following courses: SFSE 1003, MCIS 1005, ASDV 1205, 1220, 1905, 2115, 2420, 2520, 2620, 2700, 2800 and four ASDV electives.