Oct 27, 2020
The Technical Diploma program in Oil and Gas Production Technology is designed to provide students with the knowledge and technical skills needed for entry-level positions in the oil and gas and related industries. Students learn the “ins and outs” of oil and gas exploration, drilling, completions, and production operations. Students will earn a technical diploma upon successful completion of this one-year (45-credit hour) program.
- Graduates will understand the concepts and terminology of the oil and gas industry
- Graduates will be competent with the operation of the different equipment that is used by the oil and gas industry.
- Graduates will be able to apply critical thinking in making decisions and solving problems.
- Graduates will understand how to communicate effectively-written, oral, and nonverbal.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates completing the Oil and Gas Production program will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of offshore safety and compliance standards and regulations applicable to deep-water production and facilities.
- Describe the components and processes involved in the drilling and producing of oil and gas.
- Explain exploration, production, and operation concepts associated with the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrate competency with the operation of electrical equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics and fluid dynamics equipment; pumps and compressors; oil and gas instrumentation equipment; and oil and gas processing equipment.
- Effectively diagnose, communicate, and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Demonstrate and apply skills necessary to gain employment in the drilling, production, service and safety segments of the oil industry.
Specific Degree Requirements
- All students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average to remain in good standing with the College.
- Students must receive a C in all courses or better to receive credit toward Diploma.
Major Area Requirements
(45 Total credit hours)
- Technical Diploma 45 credits
- Certificate Option 17 credits
Includes specific Major Area requirements
CTS: Oil and Gas Production Helper I Total: 17
Technical Diploma Total Credits: 45