Aug 06, 2020
The mission of the Civil, Surveying and Mapping Technology program is to prepare technicians for employment in business, industry and government. Upon completing the program, students will enter the workforce as surveying technicians.
- To prepare graduates to enter into the Civil Survey & Mapping workforce.
- To provide students with a broad foundation in the surveying discipline.
- To prepare students to function effectively on multidisciplinary teams.
- To prepare graduates to become licensed professional surveyors
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Civil, Surveying & Mapping program will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of their discipline
- Identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- Understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities in the civil, survey & mapping industry
Specific Degree Requirements
- Earn a “C” or better in ENGL 1010 , MATH 1105 , all core educational courses, and the major area (CIVL codes).
General Education Requirements
(16 Total credit hours)
- English 3 Credits
- Mathematics 3 Credits
- Natural Science/Lab 4 Credits
- Social/Behavioral Science 3 Credits
- Speech Elective 3 Credits
(42 Total credit hours)
- All CIVL codes and associated core courses
CTS: Survey Technician Assistant Total: 17
Technical Diploma Total Credits: 45