Mar 05, 2021
The Business Office Administration (BOA) program prepares students for employment in the contemporary office by educating them in the fundamental concepts, knowledge, and technical skills needed to be successful in an evolving business environment and in the general education competencies expected of an Associate of Applied Science graduate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science in Business Office Administration, students will be able to:
- Communicate business information in a clear, concise, well-organized, and professional manner using the latest technologies when appropriate.
- Demonstrate proficiency in selecting and using appropriate, current software applications to perform business tasks.
- Illustrate and exemplify professional behavior and customer service principles expected in a business environment.
- Understand the basic concepts and terminology of business.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing administrative tasks.
- Graduates will acquire the general education competencies expected of an Associate of Applied Science graduate
- Graduates will understand how to apply the information and skills they have learned in class to situations in the workforce.
- Graduates will understand how to communicate effectively-written, orally, and nonverbally.
- Graduates will be able to use computer application software to perform basic business tasks.
- Graduates will understand how to present themselves professionally in an office environment.
- Graduates will understand the basic concepts and terminology of business.
||Fall & Spring
Specific Degree Requirements
Students wishing to earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Office Administration from South Louisiana Community College must:
- Have a degree program adjusted SLCC cumulative average of 2.0.
- Have earned at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree through SLCC courses.
- Have earned at least a “C” in each course unless stated by a specific program.
- Have no more than one-third credit hours in required major courses and no more than 50 percent of credit hours total from non-traditional sources, Credit for Prior Learning (CPL), to meet the degree requirements, unless required by a specific program.
- Have completed at least the number of credits stipulated in the degree program.
General Education Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 15
Major Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 45
CTS: Office Assistant Specialist Total: 15
TD: Business Office Technology
AAS: Business Office Administration Total Degree Credits: 60
A grade of “C” or higher is required in all courses.