The Associate of Applied Science degree program in Business Administration covers a broad field of business fundamentals like accounting, economics, finance and marketing and teaches both management and leadership skills. Upon successful completion of general education and specific program courses, students will acquire the knowledge and skills to apply management, marketing and accounting concepts to improve operational performance and aid in decision-making skills. With an associate degree in Business Administration, students will have the tools necessary to land an entry-level management position, to pursue further education with a business Bachelor’s degree, or to run a small business.
- Graduates will possess the necessary skills to use technology effectively to both develop and apply other competencies.
- Graduates will possess knowledge of the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Graduates will possess knowledge of the legal, social, global and economic environments of business.
- Graduates will possess the ability to communicate effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration, students will be able to:
- Communicate business information, either written or orally, in a clear, concise, well-organized, and professional manner using the latest technologies when appropriate.
- Apply software applications to enhance the efficiency of business functions.
- Demonstrate analytical skills when applying principles of accounting and economics.
- Evaluate ethical conflicts in business situations.
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge in the application of concepts and theories in the functional areas of management, finance, business law, human resources, and marketing.