Nov 30, 2021
The Associate of Science Degree in Industrial Technology is a transfer program. It prepares completers to go directly to work in the technology field or to continue toward a baccalaureate degree in industrial technology or a related field. The program is designed to transfer to the Industrial Technology program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Areas of study include computer graphics, simulation, and modeling; business organization and management; and problem-solving.
- To enable students to acquire the general education competencies expected of an associate of science degree graduate
- To provide the necessary foundation coursework for students seeking to continue their education in the baccalaureate degree program in industrial technology at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and other senior institutions
- To provide the necessary theory and skills for graduates to work effectively in an industrial setting
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Associate of Science Degree in Industrial Technology will be able to do the following:
- Apply technology concepts to business and industry
- Function as a team member in business and industry settings
- Design technology solutions to improve the performance of industrial processes
- Construct, test and modify devices for manufacturing and industrial uses
- Apply critical thinking and independent decision making
Specific Degree Requirements
Students wishing to earn an Associate of Science Degree in Industrial Technology from South Louisiana Community College must:
- Have a degree program adjusted SLCC cumulative average of 2.0.
- Have earned at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree through SLCC courses.
- Have earned at least a “C” in each course unless stated by a specific program.
- Used no more than one-third credit in required major courses and no more than 50 percent of credit hours total from non-traditional sources, Credit for Prior Learning (CPL), to meet the degree requirements, unless required by a specific program.
- Have completed at least the number of credits stipulated in the degree program.
Major Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 24
Electives Requirements - Total Credit Hours: 9
MATH 2010 or MATH 2020 3 Credits
Elective Courses 6 Credits
AS: Industrial Technology Total Credits: 60
A grade of “C” or higher is required in all courses.
2 If transferring to a 4-year university, it is recommended the student select BIOL 1000 or BIOL 1010 . If joining the workforce directly, it is recommended the student choose from INTC 2070 , INTC 2503 , INTC 2603 , or INTC 2803 .
4 If transferring to a 4-year university, it is recommended the student select PSYC 2010 . If joining the workforce directly, it is recommended the student choose from INTC 2070 , INTC 2503 , INTC 2603 , or INTC 2803 .
5 Choose from INTC 2070 , INTC 2503 , INTC 2603 , or INTC 2803 .