The Associate of Applied Science in Application Software Development is designed to prepare students to perform tasks associated with developing and modifying software applications. The program will have a strong focus on programming, which will include various languages such as Java, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Python, HTML, PHP, SQL and etc. In addition, students will be taught to edit, debug, and test existing programs as well as create their own programs. Graduates will be prepared for careers in a variety of entry-level positions in fields involving software applications and programming, such as database programmer, web developer, software support technician and software tester.
- Graduates will acquire occupational competencies in programming and software development.
- Graduates will be introduced to widely-used programming languages and build proficiency.
- Graduates will obtain the knowledge to develop custom software solutions for complex business environments.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Technical Dipolma in Application Software Development will:
- Be able to design, write, debug and test application software.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and optimize computer systems.
- Be able to use a variety of scripting tools and languages to automate routine tasks and enable clients to import, export, and access useable data.
- Be able to employ critical thinking to find software solutions.
- Be able to develop integrated software solutions, using relevant methodologies, polices, and standards.