Aug 03, 2020
The Industrial Agricultural Mechanics Technology program provides specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare individuals to engage in the servicing and maintenance of all types of agricultural diesel powered equipment. The program will prepare the individual to select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. This program content includes instruction in the diagnosis of malfunctions and the repair of agricultural diesel engines, fuel and electrical systems, power trains, basic hydraulics, and preventive maintenance for agricultural and heavy equipment.
- Provide a safe training facility and healthy environment for learning
- Encourage students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners
- Establish a working relationship between students and employers that promotes upgrading of skills for continued advancement in the field
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Industrial/Agriculture Mechanics Technology Program will be able to:
- Practice safe use of power tools.
- Properly disassemble and reassemble engines and replacement parts.
- Develop ability to read and apply service manual information for repair.
- Apply basic computer skills
- Understand and apply preventative maintenance procedures.
- Understand how to read and diagnose electrical schematics and systems.
- Apply basic knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Utilize knowledge of steering systems and components for diagnosis and repair.
- Demonstrate basic ability to diagnose and repair agricultural equipment
- Utilize communication skills.
Specific Degree Requirements
- All students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average to remain in good standing with the College.
- Students must receive a C in all courses or better to receive credit toward Diploma.
Major Area Requirements
(45 Total credit hours)
- Technical Diploma 45 credits
- Certificate Option 17 credits
Includes specific Major Area requirements
CTS: Industrial Mechanic Apprentice Total: 17
Technical Diploma Total Credits: 45